Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldnt download certain attachment from the application

Hi I'm new in PowerApps.

I uploaded various types of files to PowerApps, but when I want to download certain attachment , it says "couldn't download the file.  Usually, i can only download attachments that sizes KB. It doesnt download if its larger than that. Can anybody help me?

powerapps.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: I couldnt download certain attachment from the application

Hello,

There is currently a bug with attachments in the mobile clients that prevents opening attachments which contain a space in their name. This has been fixed and should be available in the next release (3.1807.4)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which browser or mobile device do you use to run your app?

I have made a test on my side (downloading a attachment file whose size is more than 1 MB) within my Chrome browser and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

If you use Internet Explorer (IE browser) to run your app, Attachment download is only supported within SharePoint custom list forms. Please check the following article for more details about Attachment control limitations:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-attachments#limitations

More details about SharePoint custom list forms, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

Please take a try to run your app within another browser or mobile device (Android device, iOS device or Windows phone), then try the download functionality again to check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-xida-msft

it works fine when i downloaded from the chrome browser but when im using the PowerApps Application from the PlayStore, i cant download the attachment.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-xida-msft

it works fine when i downloaded from the chrome browser but when im using the PowerApps Application from the PlayStore, i cant download the attachment.

I'm using Samsung J5 to run my application. My friend who is using an iPhone faced the same problem.

This is the screen shot of the Application. i can download a small sized picture. but it shows error when i try to download the bigger size.

ezgif-3-e43a634f6a.gif

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello,

There is currently a bug with attachments in the mobile clients that prevents opening attachments which contain a space in their name. This has been fixed and should be available in the next release (3.1807.4)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am also getting the same issue and neither my attachment is big nor it is having space in name. It is 2 KB text file and name is "1.txt" . Able to download from browser but not able to download from PowerApp app.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am also getting the same issue and neither my attachment is big nor it is having space in name. It is 2 KB text file and name is "1.txt" . Able to download from browser but not able to download from PowerApp app.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello! I am still receiving this error message.. My app is on release 3.18082.42 so it is past the release this bug should have been fixed in... I am trying to open file attachments in Chrome and they do not have any spaces in their name.  There are some dots though.. Any thoughts ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,589)