cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drwaz
Regular Visitor

I don't fully understand the prupose of the delegation warning in this scenario, can someone enlighten me?

Hi, I feel sort of dumb at this point but I've been reading about delegation warnings and I still feel like I'm missing something here.

Now, this is about data in a sharepointlist

If I collect the data by doing this

ClearCollect(
    CollectionNames,
    Names
)

Powerapps will tell me I have a warning, "The rows retrieved from the datasource may not be complete".

To be honest I dont worry in this case about the rows may not being complete cause the items in the list will never really get over the 500 or 2000 limit.

Now, what bothers me about this scenario tho and what I don't fully understand is, if I update my collection by adding a filter like this

ClearCollect(
        CollectionNames,
        Filter(
            Names,
            Created > DateValue("2021-01-01")
        )
    )

The Delegation warning will go away but would that magically give me a collection of all the items in the list created after the date even if the list would contain 10 000 item rows?

Or would it still be limited to 500 or 2000 and just dont collect all the items and not show the error instead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It would still be limited

Here's more info on delegation

Delegation Overview 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheRobRush
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It would still be limited

Here's more info on delegation

Delegation Overview 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

Thanks, was kind of what I suspected.

I got confused when the warning went away but the outcome of the collection would still be the same, just with no warning.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,180)