cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishna789
Microsoft
Microsoft

I have a dropdown control in a Gallery, when I select one value from the drop down, randomly other dropdown selections change on the UI to that selection

My Gallery consists of Text Input,datepicker and dropdown controls populated from an excel in onedrive.

I have my dropdown "items" as following

If(IsBlank(ThisItem.'Elimination Plan'),[" ","Yes","No"],[ThisItem.'Elimination Plan',If(ThisItem.'Elimination Plan' = "Yes","No","Yes")])

ThisItem.'Elimination Plan' is the value from the excel Cell.

This works fine.

What I have problem with is, when I change the dropdown selection for one entry, few or all other entries in the gallery also change to dropdown selection I made . When I patch those changes, only the change that I selected goes through to the excel (which is good) , but I am have problem with the UI displaying the dropdown values which were not selected.

I have default as blank for the dropdown.

I am using the following for patch.

Patch(Table1,LookUp(Table1,MonitorId=TextInput.Text),{ 'ETA of TSG Elimination':DatePicker1.SelectedDate, Comment:TextInput.Text , 'Specify the Privileged Touch Need to run this TSG':TextInput.Text,'TSG Ownership':TextInput.Text,'Elimination Plan':Dropdown.Selected.Value,Explain:TextInput.Text});Refresh(Table1)

In the screen shot attached, I only selected the first row as no, after I hit submit and get back to see the values, the next entry also changes to No, which I have not selected at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, I think this may have worked. 

I will keep on testing to see if this worked. Thanks a ton Jordan.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JordanDeVan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Your patch looks like it is creating a new record. Is this the case inside of the excel file?

If so,

Patch,ThisRecord(Table1,LookUp(Table1,MonitorId=TextInput.Text),{ 'ETA of TSG Elimination':DatePicker1.SelectedDate, Comment:TextInput.Text , 'Specify the Privileged Touch Need to run this TSG':TextInput.Text,'TSG Ownership':TextInput.Text,'Elimination Plan':Dropdown.Selected.Value,Explain:TextInput.Text});Refresh(Table1)

Patch is working fine, It is updating the records with the selections to the right columns and rows.

THe problem I facing is on the UI, where the values of other dropdows as changed where as I do not want them to.

Can you look at the "allowempty selection" property to see if that is set to true?

this was set to false, should I change this to True?

It may work, I don't think it will in this case. I'm still testing your code. 

In the mean time this video by April Dunnam may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4mKS1hS7M&t=1090s

Well, I think this may have worked. 

I will keep on testing to see if this worked. Thanks a ton Jordan.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,312)