cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting a weird error with Text() Function

Hi, I am currently trying to use the Text() function to turn a Date (today) into a string in a yyyymmdd format. I currently have:

Text(Today();"yyyymmdd")

My problem is, whenever I try to type that, it autofills into something weird: Text(Today();"[$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419][$-es-419]yyyymmdd")

I don't know what it keeps doing that, whenever I try to leave it alone after typing my function, it turns into that. Seems like areally weird bug.

4 REPLIES 4
SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: I keep getting a weird error with Text() Function

Hi @Anonymous 

You should use a , instead of a ;

Text(Today(),"yyyymmdd")

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

PowerApps adds the format according to the settings configured as per your account.

Can you try to use the below expressions and check if any of them works:

Text(Today();"[$-es-419]yyyymmdd")
Text(Today(),"[$-es-419]yyyymmdd")

Also, regarding using ; or , -> this depends on the regional settings of the PowerApps studio.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I'm using a localized version, using "," instead of ";" gives me an error.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you tried, using Text(Today();"[$-es-419]yyyymmdd")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,270)