cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThibaultBruggem
Level: Powered On

I'm having an issue with line chart colors getting reset

After changing the ItemColorSet  on a line graph and closing and opening the windows editor the color in the graph is set back to it's original color.
Altough the ItemColorSet doesn't change, so that ItemColorSet retains the changes I made.
2017-10-18_17-28-50.png

I'm making a graph with a line chart and I've changed the first color (since i'm only in need of 1) in the itemColorSet.

And every time i close and reopen the editor the color on the graph gets changed back to it's default value, the blue.

Is this perhaps because of the Alpha value?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I'm having an issue with line chart colors getting reset

Hi ThibaultBruggem,

I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side.

I create an app which has a line chart in it.

The same with you, I change the ItemColorSet property of the Line chart control to [RGBA(246,199,144,1)].

Then I close and reopen the app, the color of the line is what I set before. It doesn’t change back to its default value.

Both on Web player and Windows studio, there is no issue with the color of the line.
3.PNG

Do you have any other settings for this control?

Please try again with it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
ThibaultBruggem

I can't see any other possible property that would affect it,

Though to be clear I meant closing the entire editor, when i open and close the app preview the color stays the way i want it.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi ThibaultBruggem,

Thanks for updates.

I checked the app I created yesterday this morning, of course, I closed the PowerApps studio(the entire editor) then reopened it, then when I open the app, the color is still what I set for it.

What’s the PowerApps version on your side? Please make sure you are using the latest version. On my side, it is 2.0.706.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ThibaultBruggem

Hey Mabel Mao

Thanks a lot for looking in to it.

I'm using the 2.0.706 version as well.

One important part I forgot to mention somehow is my data source, my Items property is quite complex:

Switch(MachineStatsGallery.Selected.Type, "Uptime", MachineUptimeGallery.AllItems, "Quality", MachineQualityGallery.AllItems, "Speed", MachineSpeedGallery.AllItems)

The uptime, quality and speed galleries are used for reusability. They are all from the same data source but I added a different calculated column for each of them so they could share the same Id, and 'Value' (the calculated colum), which then could differ depending on the type i selected.

Best Regards

Thibault 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,699)