cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmedlock13

I need help creating an app that populates data into an Excel doc

Hello, 

I am trying to design an app that will feature a drop-down list of "names", once a name is selected then the "next" button is enabled, then when you tap next it takes you to a page that says "where will you be tomorrow 'name'?" and has an input text card underneath for the user to type in their expected location. then there needs to be a submit button that sends the selected name, and location, as well as the date for the following day to an excel document. 

If you think you can help please let me know, I have made the basic layout for the app but I cannot figure out how to send over the data. 

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
BitLord69
Power Participant
Power Participant

Can/should they pick a name other than their own? If not,you don't need the drop down. Using the function User().FullName you get the name of the current user and don't need to ask about it. Just set the default value of the datacard to User().FullName instead of the drop down's selected value and then hide it, unless of course you want the user to see it.

Have you used the Excel connector and connected the form to that data source?If you have, it's only a matter of calling SubmitForm() in a button's OnSelect.

Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,511)