cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I need to select the Save button twice when editing an item in a SharePoint List Form

Hi,

My users are reporting they have to hit the save button twice after editing an item in a  SharePoint list using a PowerApps Form in the latest build released yesterday - 4-16-18.  I tested and see the same thing - I have to hit save twice when I edit...

Does anyone else see the same behavior?

6 REPLIES 6
kidder22
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into the same thing.  It works fine within the web development platform, but on an iphone you have to save twice.  The first time an error comes up "An entry is required or has an invalid value.  Please corect and try again."  If I just clear that error message and hit save again it works fine.

Yep

Same on a PC ...  Chrome, Edge exact same..  sporadic and unpredictable..  does not always happen

jroderick
Helper I
Helper I

Same here. I can’t track down what causes this.

I am facing the same issue, when there is less data to be fetched by the application, it works at once. But even if there is data in the numbers of even 150+, this starts happening. 

Any help will be appreciated. This seems to be a global, infrastructural issue.

user9824134
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue.  When users select the first option from a dropdown menu, they have to save twice.  Other selections than the first one do not have the same problem; they work with 1 save.

What solved the problem for me was that instead of choosing the "Create an App" option on the top of a Sharepoint list, I started creating the application from make.powerapps.com by selecting the "+Create" option there.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, can you describe what exactly are you doing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,488)