cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I receive "This app is not opening correctly" with full control permission on list item - Why?

Hello,

I am trying to access SharePoint list item form customized with PowerApps, however it throws following error message:

This app isn’t opening correctly. It looks like you don’t have access to this app. Ask its owner to share it with you.

While, I have "Full Control" rights on that list item. Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks and Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dave8 ,

That's weird. The custom form does inherit permissions from the SharePoint list

Could you please try the following suggestions?

1. Please ensure you are in the Group Membership of SharePoint site.

2. Ensure you have assigned a PowerApps license.

3. Check the Item-level Permissions of the list in Advanced Settings, ensure the Read access is Read all Items and Create and Edit access is Create and edit all items.

4. Log out of the SharePoint site completely and re-login again.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hello @v-siky-msft 

Thank you for your attention, please find my answer as follows:

1. Please ensure you are in the Group Membership of SharePoint site.

I am not in Group Membership, else I will be able to access all the list item/site which is not the objective.

2. Ensure you have assigned a PowerApps license.

Yes, PowerApps Plan 2 Trial is assigned, also I believe any O365 user with E3/E5 license can access SP list form customized with PowerApps, which is a default functionality.

3. Check the Item-level Permissions of the list in Advanced Settings, ensure the Read access is Read all Items and Create and Edit access is Create and edit all items.

I do not require to see other items, only the list item where I have an access.

4. Log out of the SharePoint site completely and re-login again.

This I have checked, but did not work out.

My idea is, if default list form works as expected, then why not the list form with PowerApps app?

Any clue?

Hi @dave8 ,

If you want to have access to PowerApps custom form in sharepoint list, make sure you are the one with Direct Access and Edit permission in Manage Access Tab of the SharePoint list Items.

Sik

With Microsoft Support Request, I was informed that item level security doesn't work as it works for default SP List.

If form is customized with PowerApps, then user must have at least read level permission on the whole list.

However, above will break the need of item level security in SharePoint List.I hope Microsoft will consider this for future updates.

Thanks and Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,361)