cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmclaughlin
Helper V
Helper V

I use a variable to set a field on a form and after save, it doesnt save

I have a button that sets a variable  newstatus.  Then in the form I set a date based on newstatus not being blank to current date. Works great.  I also set the form status to = newstatus if not blank.  It shows the status being changed but when I click the save button, the status goes back to what it was.  The date gets changed and its the same if statement.  Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dmclaughlin 

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your value - newstatus - is not saving to the record when you save.

If that is the case, can you please take a look at your Update property on that DataCard.  You will most likely find your issue there.  If you could post back with that formula, that might be helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dmclaughlin 

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your value - newstatus - is not saving to the record when you save.

If that is the case, can you please take a look at your Update property on that DataCard.  You will most likely find your issue there.  If you could post back with that formula, that might be helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

I read somewhere that sometimes sharepoint list fields stop working from powerapps forms.  I deleted the field from the powerapp form and readded.. works again like a champ.  Weird.. worked beginning of june.. then just stopped.  But I guess from now on I'll watch for flaking things and try this

@dmclaughlin 

Yes...there are times when it seems PowerApps flakes on you.  Some are real, and a lot are user created (without knowing).

Glad you discovered the problem.

Hi @dmclaughlin ,

Have you solved your problem? Is the Status column a  Text type column in your SP List?

If the "Status" column is a Text type column in your SP List, I think your If formula is correct. Please note that if you made some changes to your SP List itself, the changes would not be reflected immediately in your canvas app, you need to refresh the data source in your canvas app manually to make the changes take effect.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved. If you have any other questions about your scenario, please feel free to open a new thread in our community, and we would help in that new thread.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes I deleted status from the form and readded and solved the issue.  

Well it started doing it again.  So not really solved.  It worked for several docs late yesterday.  So I know the formula is right.  I deleted and readded the status field to the form.    Someone suggested doing something to the data source?  What are the steps to try that?

@dmclaughlin 

So you're just removing and re-adding the field to a form?

Yes, you might also try removing your datasource from the App and then adding it back as suggested.  Normally this is not needed except in certain circumstances, but this might be one.

If the problem then continues, perhaps post back with some of your formulas that seem to be malfunctioning. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,347)