cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I want to create a display form and edit form for a list using power apps in SharePoint Online and i want to add this form to a site page.

I want to create a display form and edit form for a list using power apps in SharePoint Online and i want to add this form to a site page.

The data in power apps form has to change dynamically based on the page id or any filter

How can we achieve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: I want to create a display form and edit form for a list using power apps in SharePoint Online and i want to add this form to a site page.

Hi @rajeshvsnk ,

Do you want to embed a PowerApps app in sharepoint site?

I'm afraid it's not supported now.

If you create an app connected with sharepoint by using PowerApps, this app can not display in sharepoint site.It is a standalone app, you could only open it in PowerApps.

For now, the only one way to display something about PowerApps in sharepoint is creating sharepoint custom form by using PowerApps.

This is just a form embed in sharepoint list.

After you create one, when you edit/create/view one item of sharepoint list, you could use custom form, not standard form.

You could design this form based on your demands, like using multiple form, filter data, etc.

I've made a similar test for your reference: 

1)choose one sharepoint list.

2)choose "customize forms"

11154.PNG

3)design the form based on your demands.

It is the same as designing in PowerApps app.

For example: you could add another screen, another form, just remember to modify SharePointIntegration's OnView/OnNew/OnEdit properties.

If you want to filter data based on something, you could add a drop down, add a gallery.

Set the gallery's Items based on this drop down.

Please note that after you finish designing the form, you need to save and publish the form.

Or else, the sharepoint list will not load this form. 

Here's a doc about how to design this custom form for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: I want to create a display form and edit form for a list using power apps in SharePoint Online and i want to add this form to a site page.

Hi @rajeshvsnk ,

Do you want to embed a PowerApps app in sharepoint site?

I'm afraid it's not supported now.

If you create an app connected with sharepoint by using PowerApps, this app can not display in sharepoint site.It is a standalone app, you could only open it in PowerApps.

For now, the only one way to display something about PowerApps in sharepoint is creating sharepoint custom form by using PowerApps.

This is just a form embed in sharepoint list.

After you create one, when you edit/create/view one item of sharepoint list, you could use custom form, not standard form.

You could design this form based on your demands, like using multiple form, filter data, etc.

I've made a similar test for your reference: 

1)choose one sharepoint list.

2)choose "customize forms"

11154.PNG

3)design the form based on your demands.

It is the same as designing in PowerApps app.

For example: you could add another screen, another form, just remember to modify SharePointIntegration's OnView/OnNew/OnEdit properties.

If you want to filter data based on something, you could add a drop down, add a gallery.

Set the gallery's Items based on this drop down.

Please note that after you finish designing the form, you need to save and publish the form.

Or else, the sharepoint list will not load this form. 

Here's a doc about how to design this custom form for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,828)