Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OsmandFernando
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

ID field Value to copy to another field in the same list

Dear Experts, 

Finally, I found a solution to have more than 2000 records in my collections. Thank you @WarrenBelz for the Solution

Now I have a new concern where I need support. I have several lists that are updating with Patch functions. So I can not apply the Onsuccess formula in the above solution. How can I get the ID field value to my Shadow ID field with Patch maybe after creating the record via patch?

Capture.JPG

Thank you Osmand

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try

Patch( ChequesReceived,
First( Filter( ChequesReceived, ID= 72 ) ), { ShadowID: 72 } )

If you are using textboxes;

Patch( ChequesReceived,
First( Filter( ChequesReceived, ID= Textbox1.Text) ), { ShadowID: Textbox1.Text} )

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

I think there is something wrong with your formula, you should modify your formula as below (set the Text property of a Label to following):

Last(SalesDetails_1).ID

Please try it, check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Try

Last(SalesDetails_).ID

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

7 REPLIES 7
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try

Patch( ChequesReceived,
First( Filter( ChequesReceived, ID= 72 ) ), { ShadowID: 72 } )

If you are using textboxes;

Patch( ChequesReceived,
First( Filter( ChequesReceived, ID= Textbox1.Text) ), { ShadowID: Textbox1.Text} )

------------

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

Do you want to copy the Value from the ID column into the MyShadowID column?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the OnSuccess property of the Edit form and the Patch function could achieve your needs.

Please add the following formula within the OnSuccess property of the Edit form (EditForm1) to following:

Patch(                        // add this Patch formula to modify the MyShadowID column value
      'Cheques Received',
      EditForm1.LastSubmit,
      {
        MyShadowID: EditForm1.LastSubmit.ID
      }
);
Back()

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft  @eka24  Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it. 

In my case I do not have a form, I am using the patch to update a list from a different form. I think I am almost there using your idea Now I want t get the last ID to a label to apply the solution of @eka24 . When I try to get the Last ID to a label it tells me "Expected Text Value" following is the screen shot

Annotation 2020-05-25 124056.jpg

Thanks, 

Osmand

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

I think there is something wrong with your formula, you should modify your formula as below (set the Text property of a Label to following):

Last(SalesDetails_1).ID

Please try it, check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Try

Last(SalesDetails_).ID

------------

OsmandFernando
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@eka24  @v-xida-msft  Thank you to both. Your combination helped me to solve the issue. Now I can have the shadow ID even not having the form. Then to have the collection without limiting to 2000 rows. This is a great milestone for me. 

Osmand

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

If the solution I provided above also help in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify my reply as helpful.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,645)