cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjtaylor1164
Helper I
Helper I

ID's to reference sublist

Thank you so much for all your help! I originally thought about separating the lists, however, I would need to add a unique identifier to my existing Notes SharePoint list in order to tie the follow-up leads to a particulate note, correct? 

Is it hard to go back and add that field to the existing Notes list and auto-number the information that is currently in there?

Then for each new meeting, a new unique number would be created and I would have a new row in my follow-ups sub-list that would reference the new meeting unique ID, correct?

Last conversation from previous thread:

"Not as much as putting the leads and completions as separate items (three fields each - status, date and number) in a sub-list rather than the six you have. All your reporting issues would go away. You would need another field (I call mine IDRef) defaulted to the ID of the parent list so these can be easily displayed in a gallery and updated as required. If you want to go down this track, it is a separate subject from your post, so you need to accept this one and post a new thread. You can tag either myself or @mdevaney - we can both help you."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @tjtaylor1164 ,

Do you want to save the follow up info back to your Followup SP List once the form_NewNote form data has been submitted back to your Notes List?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the OnSuccess property of the form_NewNote form and the Patch function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSuccess property of the form_NewNote form to following:

Patch(
      Followup,
      Defaults(Followup),
      form_NewFollowup.Updates
);
ResetForm(form_NewNote);
ResetForm(form_NewFollowup);
Back()

Note: I assume that you add a Edit form (form_NewFollowup) in your Notes screen to collect user entry to Followup List.

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the following formula:

Patch(
      Followup,
      Defaults(Followup),
      {
        FollowupLead: FollowupLeadTextBox.Text,
        FollowupLeadDate: FollowupLeadDatePicker.SelectedDate,
      }
);
ResetForm(form_NewNote);
Back()

Note: Please replace the FollowupLeadTextBox, FollowupLeadDatePicker, ... with actual control name in your form_NewFollowup form.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjtaylor1164 ,

If you want to create a Sub-List to store your follow up records, and want to bind these follow up records to your existing Notes List, I agree with your thought almost.

Actually, it is not necessary to add a custom Unique Identifier column in your Notes List, instead, I think the ID column in your Notes List could achieve your needs. On your side, you just need to add a Number type column in your Sub-List to store the Item ID value from your Notes List, or add a LookUp type column to reference the ID column value in your Notes List.

Note: The ID column (System Column) in SP List is a Auto-Number type column, which would be populated by SP List automatically

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you!

I need some guidance. Below is a visual of my Notes screen and what I'm trying to accomplish.

InkedNew Note Screen_LI.jpg

The information in the above (form_NewNote) is saving to Notes (share point list) based on the organization chosen on a previous screen.(*please see info next to the asterisk at the bottom for more information)

I created a new share point list called Followup with the following: 

Followup sharepoint list.PNG

What would be the best way to update the information in the new Followup list? 

Thank you so much!!

*DATACARD (hidden on form):

OnUpdate = {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                           Id:ComboBox2.Selected.ID,
                           Value:ComboBox2.Selected.Organization}
DataField = "Organization"
Default = ThisItem.OrganizationNOTES (OrganizationNOTES is a lookUp Column to CompanyInfo sharepoint list)

COMBO BOX in DATACARD:

OnChange = Set(b,ComboBox2.Selected)
Items = Filter(CompanyInfo, Organization = ComboBox2.Selected.Organization)
DefaultSelectedItems = {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                                                                   Id:b.ID,
                                                                    Value:b.Organization}

Hi @tjtaylor1164 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the ComboBox2? Is it a ComboBox within your previous screen?

Does the ComboBox2 connect to your CompanyInfo SP List?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I assume that you want to auto-populate the OrganizationNOTES ComboBox within your form_NewNote, is it true?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the ComboBox2 to following:

CompanyInfo

specify the "Organization" field as display column value within the ComboBox2.

Within your form_NewNote, set the Items property of the OrganizationNOTES ComboBox to following:

Choices(Notes.OrganizationNOTES)

set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the OrganizationNOTES ComboBox to following:

If(
   form_NewNote.Mode = FormMode.New,
   {
      Id: ComboBox2.Selected.ID,
      Value: ComboBox2.Selected.Organization
   },
   Parent.Default
)

set the Update property of the OrganizationNOTES field data card to following:

OrganizationNOTESComboBox.Selected

Note: Please replace the OrganizationNOTESComboBox with actual ComboBox control name within the OrganizationNOTESComboBox field data card. I assume that the OrganizationNOTES field reference values from the Organization  field in your CompanyInfo List.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Thanks so much!

How do I update the Followup sharepoint list with the information on the bottom half of my form_NewNote?

Hi @tjtaylor1164 ,

Do you want to save the follow up info back to your Followup SP List once the form_NewNote form data has been submitted back to your Notes List?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the OnSuccess property of the form_NewNote form and the Patch function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSuccess property of the form_NewNote form to following:

Patch(
      Followup,
      Defaults(Followup),
      form_NewFollowup.Updates
);
ResetForm(form_NewNote);
Back()

Note: I assume that you add a Edit form (form_NewFollowup) in your Notes screen to collect user entry to Followup List.

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the following formula:

Patch(
      Followup,
      Defaults(Followup),
      {
        FollowupLead: FollowupLeadTextBox.Text,
        FollowupLeadDate: FollowupLeadDatePicker.SelectedDate,
      }
);
ResetForm(form_NewNote);
Back()

Note: Please replace the FollowupLeadTextBox, FollowupLeadDatePicker, ... with actual control name in your form_NewFollowup form.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,937)