Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julianhoewel_95
Helper II
Helper II

IDE for PowerApps

Hey guys,

just a short question: As I think that the browser-based development of PowerApps is still unpractical in some details I just want to ask if anyone knows about plans by Microsoft to build a real IDE for the PowerApps development to make that even better. 

Greetings
Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Heya,

I don't think that's on the roadmap, as their approach is to improve the online IDE rather than create a standalone IDE.

Out of interest, is there something in particular you think is unpractical? We could raise it on the Ideas forum as issues if they have merit,

Thanks!

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Heya,

I don't think that's on the roadmap, as their approach is to improve the online IDE rather than create a standalone IDE.

Out of interest, is there something in particular you think is unpractical? We could raise it on the Ideas forum as issues if they have merit,

Thanks!

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Bahalzamon
Advocate II
Advocate II

The main thing I miss with not having a stand-alone IDE is the ability to have pop out windows. Having the properties and code bar on another screen would DRAMATICALLY increase the productivity. The other small things I could deal with, but continually having to expand the code bar to make edits then shrink it to see its effect becomes tedious.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Code-Editor-Allow-popout-into-separate-resizabl...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,832)