Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapesh
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

IF Statement not working as expected

Hi  All 

im trying to do something using if statement, 

such that if both the value are equal only then submit the form else show error. it seems like the formula i have used is correct but it still does not work, 

please see the formula 

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4), ErrorMessage53); Navigate(SuccessScreen);

also the screenshot for the value entered 

Display.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Sir, THis helped me a lot, there was a slight change in your answer which i just noticed, 

That navigation of the screen was done after the if statement is executed, which I corrected by your guidance. Thanks 

Correct Formula:

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4) & Navigate(SuccessScreen), Notify("The total value is not equal to total float, Please enter correct values"));

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4), Notify("YourErrorMessage53"); Navigate(SuccessScreen);

Thanks, Sir, THis helped me a lot, there was a slight change in your answer which i just noticed, 

That navigation of the screen was done after the if statement is executed, which I corrected by your guidance. Thanks 

Correct Formula:

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4) & Navigate(SuccessScreen), Notify("The total value is not equal to total float, Please enter correct values"));

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,069)