Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

IF Statement not working as expected

Hi  All 

im trying to do something using if statement, 

such that if both the value are equal only then submit the form else show error. it seems like the formula i have used is correct but it still does not work, 

please see the formula 

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4), ErrorMessage53); Navigate(SuccessScreen);

also the screenshot for the value entered 

Display.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks, Sir, THis helped me a lot, there was a slight change in your answer which i just noticed, 

That navigation of the screen was done after the if statement is executed, which I corrected by your guidance. Thanks 

Correct Formula:

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4) & Navigate(SuccessScreen), Notify("The total value is not equal to total float, Please enter correct values"));

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4), Notify("YourErrorMessage53"); Navigate(SuccessScreen);
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks, Sir, THis helped me a lot, there was a slight change in your answer which i just noticed, 

That navigation of the screen was done after the if statement is executed, which I corrected by your guidance. Thanks 

Correct Formula:

If ( DataCardValue58.Text = Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value, SubmitForm(EditForm4) & Navigate(SuccessScreen), Notify("The total value is not equal to total float, Please enter correct values"));

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,118)