cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF condition using Not equal to <>

Hi,

I would like to disable a button if the text in TextInput1 is not equal to "Y".

I tried using: If(TextInput1.Text <> "Y" || TextInput1.Text <> "y", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

but it doesn't seem to work. How could I better approach this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

If(!(Upper(TextInput1.Text) = "Y"), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

This converts to Upper so you only need one condition and it also performs a ! (Not) on it to give the inequality.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

If(!(Upper(TextInput1.Text) = "Y"), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

This converts to Upper so you only need one condition and it also performs a ! (Not) on it to give the inequality.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you @RandyHayes ! it worked!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

🤣🤣 Oh my - Apparently I look at PowerApps formulas way too much.  When I first read your response I though..."Oh no, it's not working".   Why did I think this? Because I saw "! it worked"  My mind immediately took that as "NOT it worked".  Now I see that was the end of the first sentence!!

🤣😂

I am glad it worked for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

😂🤣Haha! you're a wiz @RandyHayes but take a break sometimes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,769)