cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ppei
Level 8

IF function works in one field but not in another similar field

I have a very strange case. Hopeful someone can give me some hints how to resolve it. I have the same IF function that works in one field, but not in anther field and not in another form with same fields.  My IF function is for a date picker field, I want to set it DefaultDate property to be today if someone has filled out a People picker field. This is my function.

If(!IsBlank(SupervisorSignature.Update),Today(),Parent.Default)

It works in one form. But if I change to another field for an employee signature field or for the same field in another form, it doesn't work. 

Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Pei Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppei
Level 8

Re: IF function works in one field but not in another similar field

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the suggestion doesn't work for me. I actually got the Update property from a Rule in PowerApps. I actually found out a strange way to make it work. I just need to change SupervisorSignature's card name and refer it in the formula. The workable one is the one that has different card name from the field name suggested by PowerApps. I cannot explain why but it works.

Thanks,

Pei

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @ppei,

Are you using SharePoint, CDS or some other connector for your PeoplePicker field?

R3dKap
Level 10

Hi @ppei,

I find it strange that you use the ".Update" property of the people picker...

If your people picker field is, by example, a User field type, then you could try this:

If(!IsBlank(SupervisorSignature.Selected.Email),Today(),Parent.Default)

Be sure to go up to the ".Email" part because if you stop at the ".Selected" part if might still be not blank because the object behind exists even though it doesn't contain any data...

Keep us posted if this helps you solve your problem...

Emmanuel

ppei
Level 8

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the suggestion doesn't work for me. I actually got the Update property from a Rule in PowerApps. I actually found out a strange way to make it work. I just need to change SupervisorSignature's card name and refer it in the formula. The workable one is the one that has different card name from the field name suggested by PowerApps. I cannot explain why but it works.

Thanks,

Pei

View solution in original post

ppei
Level 8

SharePoint. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,667)