cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

IN function with sharepoint choices columns

Hello everybody,

I want to use the "IN" function into Filter. This work with sharepoint columns wich aren't "choices columns" but it does not works with this type of columns.

This it works : Filter(Equipement; reactor in GalleryReactor.AllItems.reactor), (if reactor is a text columns for exemple). But in my case it is a columns with predefined choices and so it not works.

Please can you help me ?

Have a good day !

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: IN function with sharepoint choices columns

Hi @ju84000000 ,'The only way I think you can do this is as follows.

If the Items of your Gallery are Equipement; use this

AddColumns(
   Equipement; 
   "Reactor2";
   Reactor.Value
)

Then your Filter

Filter(
   Equipement; 
   reactor in GalleryReactor.AllItems.Reactor2
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ju84000000 ,

Do you mean that the Filter function would not work when the reactor is a Choice type column?

If the reactor is a Choice type column, the GalleryReactor.AllItems.reactor formula would return a Table value consists of nested Table values.

Within Filter function, you could not compare a single one with a Table value consists of nested Table values using "IN" operator directly. As an fixed solution, please consider modify your formula as below:

Filter(
       Equipement; 
       reactor.Value in Concat(GalleryReactor.AllItems, reactor.Value & ";")
)

Note: I assume that the reactor is a Choice type column, which does not enable "Allow Multiple Selections" option

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @ju84000000 ,'The only way I think you can do this is as follows.

If the Items of your Gallery are Equipement; use this

AddColumns(
   Equipement; 
   "Reactor2";
   Reactor.Value
)

Then your Filter

Filter(
   Equipement; 
   reactor in GalleryReactor.AllItems.Reactor2
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ju84000000 ,

Do you mean that the Filter function would not work when the reactor is a Choice type column?

If the reactor is a Choice type column, the GalleryReactor.AllItems.reactor formula would return a Table value consists of nested Table values.

Within Filter function, you could not compare a single one with a Table value consists of nested Table values using "IN" operator directly. As an fixed solution, please consider modify your formula as below:

Filter(
       Equipement; 
       reactor.Value in Concat(GalleryReactor.AllItems, reactor.Value & ";")
)

Note: I assume that the reactor is a Choice type column, which does not enable "Allow Multiple Selections" option

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thankssss!! You are the best, it works very well!

Have a good day!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help, i've resolved my problem with the above response using concat.

Thanks, have a good day !

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,957)