Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

IPad launching SharePoint PDF

Hi All, 

I have an interesting permissions problem opening PDF documents from a SharePoint URL on mobile devices (works fine on a PC).

I am building a training program with tests in Forms, videos uploaded to YouTube and played in the inbuilt movie control and PDFs in a SharePoint library, which the users have proper permissions on. I store all URLs in a reference SharePoint list and collect them at App OnStart.

The Videos and Forms work great however when I launch the PDF from the URL link, I get this screen, then the PDF opens properly. The confusing bit is that when the PDF is closed, the user is stuck with the screen and can't actually get out of it without double-tapping the home button and re-selecting PowerApps. There is also a dangerous "Remove this Account"  the bottom.

iPadSignin.jpg.jpeg

There will be a workaround with the PDF viewer control (which will also require a Flow), however this will complicate the administration quite a bit.

Has anyone struck this and has a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Sorry all - two hours of going in circles.

Turns out my iPad needed a OneDrive update which was installed by the previous user of the device - so it had sent them an SMS to authorise this and locked me out. The "Remove this account" actually did the job. This is why I love iOS devices . . .

Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I just tried on one of my Apps on a tablet that has a link to the apps handbook which is a PDF.  I did not get your issue but I did get the O365 Login for the SP list.  I think this means that Launch() is not assumed as being inside the O365 environment and therefor is interpreted that a user needs to log in.  It does not do this on a PC as it will be already inside your network,  where the IPad is not likely to be.

Once I complete the log in I had no issues

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Thanks @leyburn19 , 

I am outside the network, but users will also be at times. Thanks for confirming that on network is OK (I was going to test this when I get into the office).

Highlighted

I just tried on my iOS mobile phone (older model) well away from the office and I didn't get this experience.

I did have to log into SP (workplace creds) in my browser but that's standard practice when I use my phone, I don't select "Stay logged in" - or whatever the pop up asks me.
Highlighted

I should add that when I did it on teh iPad that after initial Login I was only taken to our home page so I clicked teh launch again and worked fine.  This may unique to iPad.  Just tried on an Android tablet with no success at all

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Sorry all - two hours of going in circles.

Turns out my iPad needed a OneDrive update which was installed by the previous user of the device - so it had sent them an SMS to authorise this and locked me out. The "Remove this account" actually did the job. This is why I love iOS devices . . .

Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,399)