Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebeccak
Level: Powered On

Icon Visible in Parent Gallery based on Child Gallery Information

UPDATEDTO Clarify!!

Good Morning, 

I have 2 galleries with a parent child relationship. 

GalleryParent (Projects), has fields associated with the Parent list. Instead of clicking each item to view child gallery (Milestones) details, I would like to include an Icon to only be visible when a new child item has been added. I would also like this field to only be visible if the date created in the child list is >= Today-7

(Icon placed within the gallery item)   icon.Visible = If('Milestones',ProjectID.ID = ThisItem.ID, If('Milestones',Created > = Today()-7, true,false))

Im having a hard time with this. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Child gallery field visible in Parent Gallery

Hi Rebeccak,

Are you perhaps looking to do a DateAdd()?

i.e. something like 

dateopened = DateAdd(Today(), -7, Days)

(Days is optional as it defaults to Days as the unit, just useful for reference)

or are you struggling with something else?

Kind regards,

RT

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rebeccak,

If these 2 lists do not have any relationship within SharePoint, then I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved.

Before my explanation, per my understanding, you have mixed up the child and parent relationship. In my following workaround, the Child the list contains a lookup column, and this lookup column gets the data from Parent list.

I suggest that you create a lookup column in the Child list, which gets the data from Parent list's date column. Like below:

Capture.PNG

ListList is the parent list and Start is the date column you want to compare with Today(). I have named this list as "LookupDate".

Then in PowerApps, you do not need the Parent Gallery to make this visible thing work. For the Child gallery, set the Text property to :

ThisItem.LookupDate.Value

Set the Visible property of the label to:

If(DateValue(LookupDate.Value,"en")<=Today()-7,true,false)

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rebeccak

Thank you for your response. I do have a parent child relationship. The child has a field called project ID which looks to the parent ID. I have a parent gallery called projects:

Parent Fields (project List in sharepoint)

Customer

Project

Project Lead

Child Field (Milestone list in sharepoint) 

Label- "New Milestone" visible only if the modified date of the child list item is <=Today-7

Project ID links to Parent ID 

I want to see what items in the parent gallery have new child Milestones each week, without clicking on the details of each one. I hope this makes better sense. 

Rebeccak

Trying to just have an icon visible on the line item of a gallery when the child gallery has added a new item with the lookup project ID to the parent gallery within the past week. 

Rebeccak

Thank you for your response. I do have a parent child relationship. The child has a field called project ID which looks to the parent ID. I have a parent gallery called projects:

Parent Fields (project List in sharepoint)

Customer

Project

Project Lead

Child Field (Milestone list in sharepoint) 

Label- "New Milestone" visible only if the modified date of the child list item is <=Today-7

Project ID links to Parent ID 

I want to see what items in the parent gallery have new child Milestones each week, without clicking on the details of each one. I hope this makes better sense. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,512)