cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Icon control at top of screen unclickable in Player, ok in edit mode

If you place a small control at the top of the screen, for example, an icon control, you can click it and the tooltip appears i.e. it's detectable in the edit mode when running play, but not in the full play mode itself.

Easilly reproducible ...

Add a icon control with properties:  X=300, Y=0, Height=16, Width=32, Tootip="Hello", OnSelect=do-anything-your-want

When you hover on the control in edit mode run it works fine:  You see the tooltip and the OnSelect does whatever you've made it do.  But in Play mode the pointy finger doesn't appear, nor does the tootip, and the On Select doesn't work - except for a fine line along the bottom of the control which you can point at if you're accurate and patient.

It appears like there's a border along the top of the screen that Player doesn't process, but edit mode run does.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

You can work around this by making the icon bigger or moving it down the screen, so more of it pokes below the Player's "top border black hole".  But in my app the whole point is that the top nav of the app has an expand and collapse thing going on to create screen estate for the users.  I want the down arrow "Click to expand" icon to be tucked right up at the top of the screen in as small as possible a space to provide as much screen estate as possible for the users.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Icon control at top of screen unclickable in Player, ok in edit mode

Hi @LozzieD ,

What is the browser that you are using? Have you tested with other web browsers? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Icon control at top of screen unclickable in Player, ok in edit mode

Hi Mona,

Apologies for the delay responding - life the universe and everything!

Just tried with my simple test app that has only a small icon at the top of the screen (see above) in both Chrome and Edge and the icon is not clickable in the Player.  In both Chrome and Edge it is clickable running in edit mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,378)