cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glemserm

Icon not selectable in PowerApps form

Hello,

I am trying to add a button into a form within a datacard but cannot select the button once it is there. I have checked that there are no fields overlapping it, that the icon's displaymode is set to Edit and that it has been brought to the front in tree view and am still not having any luck. The form itself is long and needs to be scrollable so I cannot just place it on the form. Can anyone provide a solution to this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@glemserm 

You don't need a custom card for this...you can place your controls in the datacards all that you like.

Please keep in mind that controls inherit their parent display mode properties.  So, you CAN set a control to be in Edit display mode, but if the parent is NOT also in Edit mode, then it will not make a difference.

So, check your form mode and datacard mode to determine if it is inheriting from a parent.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Go to the form properties ---> Select Edit Field
Click on the 3 dot on the top right of the popup and create a custom card
Add that button in and try once

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/manan-malhotra-vfx/

Want to support me! Buy me a Cup of Coffee?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@glemserm 

You don't need a custom card for this...you can place your controls in the datacards all that you like.

Please keep in mind that controls inherit their parent display mode properties.  So, you CAN set a control to be in Edit display mode, but if the parent is NOT also in Edit mode, then it will not make a difference.

So, check your form mode and datacard mode to determine if it is inheriting from a parent.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,740)