cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adopOQ

Icon on select event not firing inside datacard

Hi

I have two lists as datasource (list 1 &2).List 2 has a lookup column for list 1.I am creating canvas app

I have created the multi screen edit/new form for list 2.When the lookup column is shown I want to show a view and new icon so that user can see more details of that lookup data or create a new item in list 1.

When I put directly inside the screen and not inside data card these icons are working fine and is triggering onselect  event. As soon as I unlock the datacard and put these icons the event doesnot fire.

I googled and few have faced similar issue but no where it is written that events will not fire inside datacard. The datacard mode is edit still the event doesnot fire.

Is this the intended behavior or am I doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @adopOQ 

Are you trying to add inside the form data card if yes then it will not work that's limitation, the workaround will be outside the the card 

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

Hi Ramole

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I have unlocked the card and added the icon inside the card.

There is a dropdown inside the datacard since it is a Sharepoint lookup field. I tried to bind the onchange event of dropdwn that also did not work.

If I place my icon outside the datacard, how do I access the selected value of dropdown present in that datacard in my icon onselect.

@adopOQ 

Can you show me an example like screen shot also use combox and reference DefaultSelectedItems 

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.

Hi I am adding the screenshots as shown below

adopOQ_0-1639921826026.pngadopOQ_1-1639921869566.png

As you see when I put the icons outside the form and try to access datacardvalue5.SelectedItems.Value gives me empty.

How can I get the datacardvalue5.selecteditems.I don't want to use variable to store and access the value.

What happens if you try Datacardvalue5.Selected.Value or is this multiselect?

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

If the form is in edit mode ensure there is an item for it as it is known that datacardvalues appear empty for edit forms with no valid datasource/item. you could know if this is your problem by trying the feature with the defaultmode as FormMode.New

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

Thanks for the reply but the edit form has item and datacard returns empty.

I did a solution by using the form.Updates where you have field name property (EditForm.Updates.'Witness 1'.Id). I can see data present here. I have tried earlier but I don't why I got now and not in my earlier try.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

No worries happy this is working for you 🙂

Signature:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,784)