cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkusBohse
Frequent Visitor

Icons in Gallery OnSelect is not working

HI All, 

I'm pretty new to Power Apps and one thing is driving me crazy.

I have an app with several screens but except for the start screen, all my icons in a gallery seem to be not working. I tried all kind of actions like a simple Navigate(StartPage) which works for another icon outside the gallery, but inside the gallery nothing happens. 

Also when I hover over the icon, the cursor doesn't change and when also a change the Hover color property nothing happens. It seems like the icon behaves just like an image.

Another probably unrelated issue (who knows) is that the scroll bar doesn't scroll. As a workaround I'm now using the search function, but it would be nice if this would work.

Thanks for any help

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update:
Since I noticed that the icons on the startscreen there working I duplicated the start screen and moved the galleries and now the icons are working. Still not sure what is wrong with the other screens I added.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@MarkusBohse 

Make sure the icons are actually inside of the gallery and not lying on top of it or under it.  Resize the gallery and see if the icons move with it.

Yes, all of the icons are inside the gallery (and move then resizing).

Hi @MarkusBohse 

This one is new to me.  Try removing the gallery and adding a new one with the same Items property.  If that doesn't work remove the datasource and then add it in again. 

I already tried removing the gallery and create a new one, but even the default icon behaves like that.

Haven't tried removing the data source, but don't see how that would affect the icons even when the OnSelect action has nothing to do with the data source.

Will try anyway, who knows.

Do you have other controls within the gallery that are overlapping of the icon? Maybe try moving your icon to the front of controls in the gallery. 

No, no overlapping items.

What I noticed is that when I inspect the code in the browser during runtime, the icons which do work (like on the startscreen) have class="powerapps-icon no focus-outline" with a click event, which is missing for the icons in the gallery.

I also see a lot of load errors (see attachment).

Update:
Since I noticed that the icons on the startscreen there working I duplicated the start screen and moved the galleries and now the icons are working. Still not sure what is wrong with the other screens I added.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,853)