cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idea for DatePicker Usage

I am using a date picker in my app, however the font size or box size of the calendar is not changable.

When the user clicks 'save' or 'cancel' those buttons are very small.

My problem is that in my case clicking these will erroneously select the button underneath it. I tried to position the calendar picker so that the 'save' and 'cancel' buttons are not directly over a button, but because one's fingers are so much bigger than those buttons it still selects what's underneath.

Has anyone found a workaround to e.g. disable buttons below while the date picker is used?

I tried something like

DatePicker OnSelect: UpdateContext({DisableButtons: true})

DatePicker OnChange: UpdateContext({DisableButtons: false})

The 'DisableButtons' variable will make a transparent shape 'visible' which effectively means button cannot be pressed. My only problem with that is if the user clicks on the datepicker, but then does not change the date but hits 'cancel' then the variable does not swap back to hide the invisible shape... I hope that makes sense.

Curious if anyone else has other solutions or ideas for this? 

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for your sharing.

We have an idea submitted regarding DatePicker customization:

Improved DatePicker Customization

Please feel free to add your comments there.

Besides, the proper way that I would suggest is to make sure the DatePicker i not overlapping any clickable controls.

For your scenario, would it be possible to switch the date Card to the bottom?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I had already voted for your idea 🙂

Having the date field on the bottom is not really user friendly, as it would not make sense in this scenario..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,230)