cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoyK
Frequent Visitor

Identify Who Viewed A Name in Dropdown

Hello,

I created an app that includes a form linked to a dropdown in my App.  The dropdown displays the names of employees within my organization.  When the User selects the employee name from the dropdown it connects to the form and displays private information relating to each employee (i.e. home address etc.).  Due to privacy concerns, I need to identify who is searching the information.  How can I identify the name of the employee selected in the dropdown in the SharePoint list I created?  As an fyi, I tried using the Patch function, but it does not display the information selected from the dropdown in my SharePoint list I created to track the employee's name that was selected in the dropdown 

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JoyK If I understand it right, the current user logged in can search for any employees (from the drop down). If so, the current user is not the one selected in the drop down but you identify the current user in Power Apps using the User() function. So, if you want to log this information, you can store that in your SP list along with the Employee whom they searched for and also the date & time. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JoyK If I understand it right, the current user logged in can search for any employees (from the drop down). If so, the current user is not the one selected in the drop down but you identify the current user in Power Apps using the User() function. So, if you want to log this information, you can store that in your SP list along with the Employee whom they searched for and also the date & time. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

JoyK
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  The User, date and time information is updated to my SharePoint list, however for some reason the Employee whom the User is searching for is not being displayed using my Patch.  Must be something in my Patch formula. I'll keep working on refining it.  Thank you so much for your response.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JoyK Glad to help!

Please remember to give a  👍 and accept the solution as it will be help others in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,344)