cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AsanKani
Resolver I
Resolver I

If I give button displaymode coding Submit form not submitted

Hi, All i have already post in Community. Kindly check and give your solutions.

If i give Submit button display mode conditions Submit button functions not working. Without Display mode conditions coding Submit button working fine... No syntax mistake, No permission mistake. but why this is happen? i have spend lot of time to try resolved. but no used... 

Re: Button function not working - Page 2 - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Thanks

Asan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi@AsanKani,

Could you please read my reply again and tell me how you determine that the submit function is not working, unable to click or data not saved to SP list?

If the button is unable to click, I think you could change another icon.

If the button does not submit data to SP list, please check the Update property of the data card to make sure it is set to

TextInput_Test.Text

Or you could remove the formula set for the DisplayMode and directly try to set the OnSelect property of the submit button as below:

If(IsBlank(TextInput_Test.Text) Or IsEmpty(TextInput_Test.Text),Notify("Entry is required!",NotificationType.Error),SubmitForm(Form1))

Qi 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@AsanKani,

Could you please add a Label just outside the form and set the Text property as below:

IsBlank(TextInput.Text)

Every time it returns true which means that the TextInput is blank so that you could not submit.

And, how could you determine that the submit function is not working, unable to click or data not saved to SP list?

It seems that the data could not be saved to data source, right?

To prove this, please add a Gallery just below the submit button and set the Items property of the Gallery as below:

YourSPList

Every time you click the submit button, the data will be displayed in the Gallery only if the submit button is clicked.

Here is the summary:

1). Add a Label to check if the TextInput has no entry

2). Add a Gallery to check if the data is submitted successfully

Please check if the above could help.

Further, as alternative solution, please try to modify the formula as below:

If(IsBlank(TextInput_Test.Text) Or IsEmpty(TextInput_Test.Text),Disabled,Edit)

Best Regards,

Qi

Thanks to reply... 

For your statement : "Every time it returns true which means that the TextInput is blank so that you could not submit." 

But here i am not using blank TextInput box. My condition also TextInput box blank means not able to edit submit form. When i have enter data in TextInput box. only Submit Button visible. So IsBlank return false to Submit form. But it's not working. That is a problem.

FYI refer below Image...

AsanKani_0-1614053772671.pngimage.png

AsanKani
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi@AsanKani,

Could you please read my reply again and tell me how you determine that the submit function is not working, unable to click or data not saved to SP list?

If the button is unable to click, I think you could change another icon.

If the button does not submit data to SP list, please check the Update property of the data card to make sure it is set to

TextInput_Test.Text

Or you could remove the formula set for the DisplayMode and directly try to set the OnSelect property of the submit button as below:

If(IsBlank(TextInput_Test.Text) Or IsEmpty(TextInput_Test.Text),Notify("Entry is required!",NotificationType.Error),SubmitForm(Form1))

Qi 

View solution in original post

@v-qiaqi-msft thank you for your valuable reply.. Now it's working...

My issues is submit button to data not saved in SP list.

Already datacard  update property is same as TextInput_Test.Text. But data not saved in SP list. 

But your send option is good. that is working for me.. Directly onselect coding to resolved my problem. 

Thank again.

let me know why Displaymode coding not working? all data & formulae is correct. but why data not saved in SP List?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,743)