cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickow
Helper II
Helper II

If statement - many conditions at the same time

Hi, I know that there are several posts in this, but somehow I don't find answers to my issues. If you could help me on below or redirect to appropriate post.

I have to check many (I even think if not too many, but it appears that people need this because they don't read instructions) conditions rom Combo Box at the same time as in the attachment.

As where the line is in "selected", there should be info to select chosen code. Where "selected" section is missing it should say that code is incorrect. Where "Typed" and "selected" are matching database record - there should be no message. Is tat even possible to check so many conditions?scenarioooos.png

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey! Can you use a Switch, maybe? 

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

It looks to me like you are setting up two comboboxes as the basis for doing filters/lookups on a table in your database. Do you want to have some sort of result come up that depends on the choices in the comboboxes? If so, add a column to your table that contains the result. Then, use the selections off the comboboxes to do a filter/lookup for your result(s). You can include code so that if there are no matching records, some sort of error indication is given to the user. This method offers more flexibility than hardcoding If/Switch statements.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi, not really. This is action based. Depends on what is the input in combo box 1 (both selected nd just typed in), appropriate prompt must appear. And as there are so many scenarios a column in excel is 'too static' for that.

Will try that and share results 😉 Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,375)