cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

If today's date is between Start Date and End Date, then output the week number in Week column

Hi,

I have 2 lists in Sharepoint: IT Wellbeing Weeks which has the week number, as well as the dates of the respective week and Wellbeing Tracking List v2, which contains WeekNumber, WeekNumber:StartDate and WeekNumber:EndDate which are lookup columns from IT Wellbeing Weeks list.

Through powerapps, i would like to create a new column called "Current Week" (or use the existing Week column), whereby if today's date is between WeekNumber:StartDate and WeekNumber:EndDate, then display the respective week number in Current Week/Week. For example: Week 1 - StartDate = 1/27/2020, EndDate = 2/3/2020, if date today is the 28th (1/28/2020), then output "1" in Week. 

How can i achieve this?

itwellbeingweeks.PNGwellbeing.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: If today's date is between Start Date and End Date, then output the week number in Week column

You can use AddColumns() like this:

AddColumns(YourSPListName, "Current Week",And(StartDate <= Now(), EndDate >= Now()))

Here's the docs on AddColumns() for a better understanding of how it works.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-table-shaping

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If today's date is between Start Date and End Date, then output the week number in Week column

Hi @EricLott ,

What if I were to insert the week number in an existing column i already have on SP i.e. Week?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Then you would use the Patch() function, giving it your data source, the row (or record) you want to update, then the column name and updated value.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Do you mean first to check which week is today in, then patch the corresponding weeknumber (lookup field) into Wellbeing Tracking List v2?

Are the WeekNumber:StartDate and WeekNumber:EndDate are additional columns from weeknumber?

Set(VarItem, LookUp('IT Wellbeing Weeks', 'Start Date'<= Now() && 'End Date'>= Now())); 
Patch('Wellbeing Tracking List v2', Defaults('Wellbeing Tracking List v2'), {Title: "Test", WeekNumber: 
{
'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Id: VarItem.ID
Value: VarItem.Week
}})

Note: The formula is to create a new record, so I add a required "Title" column.

Note: To patch a lookup column, you have to patch a record containing '@odata.type', Id and Value.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,567)