cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bowensby

IfError doesn't handle connection exceptions (i.e. down gateway)

I've recently built a new power app and it is going through extensive testing before going live.  This app stores data offline as it will often times be used without any kind of internet.  Due to this I wanted to make sure that data would not be lost. In the earlier phases when I was using my laptop as a development database I ended up losing the saved offline data because the Patch command failed due to the gateway being down.  The failure was understandable and expected under the circumstances but the exception didn't stop code execution.  After some research I learned about IfError in which I hoped to control what happened on success and on error.  If the gateway is down (should be rare but trying to test worst case scenarios) you get an exception but IfError still considers it successful.  This means I am unable to put up a friendly error message or any other kind of error handling.  Can someone let me know if there are other options?  Does this need to be reported as a bug to Microsoft?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,585)