cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ignore Id when Patching to salesOrder Table for Business Central

Running into an error when attempting to Patch to a salesOrder table for Business Central.

virakones_0-1635462850320.png

It's mentioning that the 'id' field is read-only but when patching, my formula should only be selecting the item that I have selected in a Gallery where I'm expecting to only update specific values in that record.

ex. Patch ( salesOrder, Gallery1.Selected, { Update: "UpdateValue" } )

What could be going on here? Is there a way for me to ignore the read-only fields?

2 REPLIES 2
AmeerJab
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

is id a primary key?, if not then try patching without including the id.

are you using dataverse? 

virakones
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, 

Yes it seems the 'id' is the sales order id.

The powerapp is connected to the data in dataverse via the Business Central Virtual table app in app source: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/microsoftdynsmb.businesscentral_virtualen...

I'm able to create and delete orders, but having some trouble updating because of this read-only field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,429)