cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhay03
Frequent Visitor

Image Display from SharePoint Library

Good Day. May I ask assistance for my App to display an image stored from Sharepoint Library matching the same file name from the Sharepoint List datasource? I have an Item No. column in SP List then same Item No. as a file name for the image stored in SP Library.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @rhay03 ,

The Name field in a SharePoint Library is not Delegable in Power Apps, so this will not work on large Libraries - also you will have a file extension on your file name, so that makes it even more complicated - it would be something like

Lookup(
   YourLibraryName,
   Left(
      Name,
      Len(Name) - 4
   ) = ThisItem.'Item No'
).'{Thumnail}}.Large

assuming you have a three character extension on the file.

I have a blog on SharePoint image storing and viewing that may be of use to you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz . I can now able to display images(no delegation warning) with this 

LookUp('Student Library',IDNumber=DataCardValue6.Text,Thumbnail.Large)

But, I added column IDNumber to SP Library aside from a file name. Thank you.

Hi @rhay03 ,

That is exactly what I do in one of the examples in the blog I posted.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,215)