cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sacred_Totems
Advocate II
Advocate II

Image Fade Using Timer

Transparency.PNGI can get a color filled rectangle to fade using a timer using this below.

Fill = RGBA(6, 43, 87, 1- 'Fade In Logo'.Value /'Fade In Logo'.Duration)

This results in a rectangle over the logo fading completely to expose the logo.

But I am hoping to use the logo's Transparency as shown in the image to use the timer instead, so I can fade the logo onto the page instead of fading out a rectangle above it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hey @Sacred_Totems,

To do Transparency, just use the number value, rather than the RGBA, as transparency is valued between 0 and 1.

Transparency:

1 - 'Fade In Logo'.Value /'Fade In Logo'.Duration

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sacred_Totems ,

You gave me an idea on this now - it is really only mathematics as below - I have used a button to start it

FadeOut.gif

The Fill of the Rectangle is for a three second fade out is

RGBA(0,0,0, 1-Timer1.Value/3000)

For fade in, just remove the 1- from the start.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

You certainly understand the language more than I do.  Thank you for trying to help me with this.

Your solution works great for a rectangle icon, but I need to fade an image too.  Do you happen to have any ideas on how to get an image container to turn transparent.  Whenever I try working with the Fill in an image, it turns the image completely black or makes it invisible.  So I am thinking for image containers I will have to put a formula in Transparency instead.

Hi @Sacred_Totems ,

That was why my original suggestion on the other post was an animated GIF, however with a bit more lateral (probably warped) thinking you can do this

FadeIn.gif

All I am doing here is putting the rectangle over the image with the settings

RGBA(255,255,255, 1-Timer1.Value/3000)

so it fades from white to transparent.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz  I think you are right about the taking more time to think.  I will keep trying different things till something works.  Maybe standing on my head will help 🙃

@Sacred_Totems ,

Please look at the other post on this - it should all work for you.

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hey @Sacred_Totems,

To do Transparency, just use the number value, rather than the RGBA, as transparency is valued between 0 and 1.

Transparency:

1 - 'Fade In Logo'.Value /'Fade In Logo'.Duration

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

I tried that first.  I am thinking there is to be something before the 1 but I am not sure what it is.

@Sacred_Totems ,

If the image is set to become visible on three second duration Timer1, then the Fill on the rectangle over the top of it is

RGBA(255,255,255, 1-Timer1.Value/3000)

and it works as in the example below. Other than the above, what other Transparency setting are you referring to?

Also have you got the three image setup on the other post working?

Hey @Sacred_Totems 

I just did a quick test of the transparency setting and it works on images:

// Fade Out
0 + (Timer1.Value/Timer1.Duration)
// Fade In
1 - (Timer1.Value/Timer1.Duration)

test.gif

If yours is not working, could you give some more details? Is the timer running correctly?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,535)