Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinghnvn
Helper V
Helper V

Image attachment doesn't show on phone

Hi all,

I'm using below code but it could not show the image on phone app.

Do you know how to fix it?

First(LookUp('SharePoint List',Title = varViewDetails.Title).Attachments).AbsoluteUri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kinghnvn ,

Try this

First(
   LookUp(
      'SharePoint List',
      Title = varViewDetails.Title
   ).Attachments
).Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kinghnvn ,

Try this

First(
   LookUp(
      'SharePoint List',
      Title = varViewDetails.Title
   ).Attachments
).Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

thank you for your replying @WarrenBelz 

Yes, I already used that code. It works for my account only, other user cannot see the image attachment I don't know why 😞

For this code First(LookUp('SharePoint List',Title = varViewDetails.Title).Attachments).AbsoluteUri -> it works on Web but it doesn't work on phone (other user can view on web but could not see the image on mobile app)

@kinghnvn ,

Sorry, there are only two ways of viewing attachments - it is strange however that my users and about 100 iPads of various types that this works perfectly on.

Thanks.

I tried to use this code with Map Link column  LookUp(SharePointList,Title = varViewDetails.Title).'Map Link'

but it's still same issue: can view on web, doesn't show image on mobile app

Hi @kinghnvn ,

URLs in SharePoint (I assume that is what these are) will not display on mobile devices due to the way that Power Apps (the app) needs to resolve URLs anonymously (anyone can view them). I have a blog on SharePoint images storing and viewing that covers the options, including mobile devices.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

needs to resolve URLs anonymously (anyone can view them) -> I tried to upload the image to google drive and share for anyone can view but it's still not working on mobile app, any advise? thanks.

kinghnvn_0-1641520676087.png

The following however works in both browser and app environments and generally resolves quicker.

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large -> I tried this code but it's still not showing on mobile app.

Hi @kinghnvn ,

I can assure you that is the reason mobile devices so not display SharePoint URLs - they should (and do) display other external URLs in the small number I have used on mobile devices (mainly background images) - but back to your issue . . .

If you store the image in a SharePoint Library, have the "parent" identifier in a field in the Library (I generally use the ID and store it in a numeric field IDRef), you can do a gallery (below is a screenshot from one of my production apps that is used on iPads)

ThumbnailLarge.png

with Items

Filter(
   YourLibraryName,
   IDRef = YourParentID
)

and they display as expected. I still do not know why your attachments are not displaying as I have several mobile apps using attachments and they display perfectly with .Value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,300)