cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimRohr Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Image cuts off (in both Forms and Galleries) after uploaded...

I have an App utilizing a few Common Data Service entities: Regions, Groups, Employees, and Profiles. They relate as...

Regions {1:N} Groups {1:N} Profiles {N:1} Employees

Each Region, Group, and Employee has an Image field as a part of the entity, which becomes the EntityImage. I have my App setup to allow the user to choose an image to attach to any record in those entity tables.

When I first upload an image, it displays properly on the "Edit" Form. However, when I commit the change and get returned to my "Detail" form (or go to look for that record in a Gallery), the image is cut off, top and bottom.

And, yes, I have the ImagePosition property set to "Fit."

It doesn't matter how I resize the image control, nor what I set the ImagePosition property to be.

The images I have been uploading are sized to be 540 x 700 pixels. The image controls in a vertical gallery are 128 x 128, and in a Detail Form Data Card are 145 x 160. My understanding of the "Fit" setting for the ImagePosition property is that it should fit the image in the control size as defined, but you can see from the file I'm attaching that the top and bottom are being cut off.

Repeating the upload/attach process does nothing. The pic shows as full and complete in the control where I upload it, but then gets cut off in the galleries or forms.

Is there a setting that I am missing, or a workaround I am not aware of?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We're launching a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Microsoft has created a regional government emergency response and monitoring solution that is built on Power Apps and Power BI.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,545)