cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image does not display in Mobile apps & IE

Hi there,

I was able to view the image when using Chrome browser. But the image wont display in Mobile version and IE browser.

I display the image in the list that connected to the Sharepoint Online.

My image url was from Sharepoint Online. For example: https://domain.sharepoint.com/site/demo/picture/picture.jpg

Any one can help ?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54

@Maltener ,

You could be right - I generally don't delve too deeply into why things work when they do as I spend enough time on finding why other things do not work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-display-inline-attachment-for-selecte...

This also worked for me.

- Take photo in powerapps and save it to said SP list.

- Retrieve the attachment using First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value - image inside a gallery.

Worked in iOS for me.

Thanks lot!

hello,

1. i made a attachment control and put a image

2. made a gallery with image and put a url(which is in my sharepoint)

3. it looks good on my pc but cant see it in mobile

i saw same issues in 2018 

is it still not fixed?

@martinyoon0821 ,

This is an old solved thread, but if you read my blog on image handling, you will see the viewing options at the end.

Regular Visitor

Seeing how this is almost 4 yrs old now and I received no help but "this cannot be done" from the powerapps support engineer I wanted to provide my solution to this, more specifically:

I was able to view the image attached to a specific record in my SP List within PowerApps in Google Chrome browser but not in my Launched Mobile PowerApp. 

When I first ran into this issue a couple of months ago I was able to view the image (again, Image is an attachment to a record in a SP List) using the "first(thisitem.attachments).value" function in the image control. 

The above solution worked for some time but... our business demand increased and this issue came up again within our organization as we were uploading more than 1 image to a record and had no easy way of viewing them within the mobile powerapp without having to download them upon selecting each attachment.

My solution (finally) is as follows:

I built the foundation of my organization's app from the automated app that PowerApps builds for you when you create an app from a data source (SP List in my case). 

In the "Details Screen" (Screen where datacards in the form are defaulted to view, i.e. where you are navigated to when you select a record from the default gallery list that is built for you) I added a custom data card and set its display mode to "edit", this step is crucial as you will not be able to select between the multiple attachments (if any) in that record if display mode is not set to "edit" for this custom data card.

Within the Custom Data Card I added the following controls:

Dropdown

Miscellaneous Labels (to describe to the user what they are seeing).

Formula for "Items" in the Dropdown:

"YOURGalleryName".Selected.Attachments

Formula for "Image" in the Image control:

"YOURDropdownName.Selected.Value

(this provides the hyperlink in a way that transfers the authentication token within the hyperlink and lets you view the image within your mobile app, or something like that at least - I read that explanation from someone in this forum actually)

If interested:

Label that shows user the total number of attachments within the selected record:

CountRows(ThisItem.Attachments)

Hope this helps!

i've attached some pictures of my app for reference as well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,853)