cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gentrymcc
Frequent Visitor

Image in gallery not displaying across all screens

I have a "shopping cart" app. First screen is a gallery of items to choose to buy, and one field is ImageLink (from a SP list). If the item is selected it moves to next screen which is a Detailed Screen that shows that particular item, a description, and a place to enter how many you want to buy. At the bottom is a button to add that item to the Shopping Cart. The last screen is the actual shopping cart and the Items property on that gallery (called BrowseGallery2) is a Collection. It shows all the items selected in previous screens.

The problem I'm having is if there are multiple items in the shopping cart, the image of the item in that last screen changes over to the last item in the cart. So, all the images of every item in the cart are the same.

I have the Image property on the Shopping Cart screen set to BrowseGallery1.Selected.Imagelink. "BrowseGallery1" is the name of the Gallery on the first screen that shows all the items that can be ordered.

I'm not sure how to fix this so. each item has the pic of the actual item.

6 REPLIES 6
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Consider collecting the image link of each item into your shopping cart collection, and then referring to the image link column in your last gallery. Your current code: BrowseGallery1.Selected.Imagelink is referring to a single record, which is the last one selected.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
gentrymcc
Frequent Visitor

I have a OnSelect function that clears the shopping cart after it’s submitted data to SP, so that each new person gets an empty cart when the start a new order. how would I do that you’re suggesting? Thanks!

Sorry, I may be misunderstanding. Are you trying to get the images lined up with the correct products in your shopping cart collection before the cart is emptied? Or was the browse gallery experiencing the issue?

My thought is: as the user explores the products and selects them, keep all the data (including imagelink) for the selected products together in a collection until the user completes the purchase or abandons the cart. After that point, you can clear the cart collection.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hey Gentry,

No worries,You can watch this video

https://youtu.be/pXLFmX7cxUc

gentrymcc
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I just sent it to the Collection along with the other data, and it worked. Thanks again for all the help!

@gentrymcc 

Please subscribe the video if your issue has been resolved.Your one click help us a lot.

https://youtu.be/pXLFmX7cxUc

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,025)