cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Image not showing by link

I have an app that i am creating, the only issue that i am having is the images are not showing. each record had its on image, but there is a field that has a link to where the image is at. I set the image proerty to the field that has the link to the picture.  All i get tho is a white screen.  Am i doing something wrong or is power apps not liking link that it is provided?

Thanks for any help

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Image not showing by link

As far as I know the images must be saved in the forlder where your database is. For example if your database is in folder on your onedrive

\OneDrive\Documents\MyTable\....

your picture must be saved in folder within MyTable folder

\OneDrive\Documents\MyTable\MyPic\...

Then you have to set the image path in excel to

./MyPic/myImage.jpg

DO NOT set path from root of OneDrive

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi

Can you post a picture of the issue. And also are you using database for pulling those pictures from or are those images stored in the app. If it is database then what database (sharepoint, excel..)

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Capture.JPG

Here is the photo, the image is coming from the excel sheet that is connected to it, but in the excel sheet the column is a link to an network attached hard drive here on my local network. As you can see in the data image property i have the column associated with the picture. Am i doing this wrong?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

With Excel data sources, it's necessary to store your images in the same cloud location as your spreadsheet. This could be OneDrive, Dropbox, OneDrive for Business etc. Storing images on a local network is not supported.

To find out more, I'd recommend looking at 'Site Inspection' template that you can create via the 'New' menu option. This template demonstrates the Excel file format and images locations, and also provides example screens that show how to work with images.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

i've looked at that file and i am still confused, i have the format exactly what the example file has and i still get the white screen.  I moved all my photos to onedrive.  The only difference i have from the example and my app is every item only have one picture, not multiple. The other issue i am having as well is when i select to view a record i want the same picture to show and i am having the same issue, but with more fields. This is my first time every using power apps. I want to move my access database to powerapps as i want to use my ipad pro to have more mobility.  

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you please make a picture of your database conection to make sure your connection is correct. You can find it by clicking on "View" -> Data sources

DataS.png

And also can you post an example of the path you are using in your excel file to your picture

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Capture.JPGhere is the attached screen shot of the data source, i did some research and needed to format the file path like this: ./folder 1/folder 2/folder 3/filename.jpeg. I followed the instructions on the website and i still get the white screen. All photos are uploaded to my onedrive.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

As far as I know the images must be saved in the forlder where your database is. For example if your database is in folder on your onedrive

\OneDrive\Documents\MyTable\....

your picture must be saved in folder within MyTable folder

\OneDrive\Documents\MyTable\MyPic\...

Then you have to set the image path in excel to

./MyPic/myImage.jpg

DO NOT set path from root of OneDrive

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

THANK YOU!!! that was it i was not understanding the on how the file format was. Thanks for explaining.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,816)