cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Images - Loading

HI all,

Would appreciate any assistance with this.  I am new to PowerApps and maybe I'm missing something simple, but I cannot get PowerApps to transfer any stored cloud based images from excel. (OneDrive Business and Dropbox).

I have attempted entering the shared link and the shortcut path in the respective excel field with no success.  The excel sheet and images are in the same folder.  All I ever see are white/blank images.

However, I can get any images to transfer from the excel sheet to PowerApps when I simply enter any picture link from the internet in the respective field.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Images - Loading

Hi @mikey04,

Please refer to below link about how to make the pictures stored in OneDrive excel to PowerApps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

Notice that the column header to stored the onedrive images' path should be like below:

jackets.png

These pictures would be stored in a folder named "Assets_images" in OneDrive.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Mona,

Appreciate the help.  I tried the direct path several times with no success.  I eventually got it to work by editting excel in the browser and adding a https hyperlink to the stored onedrive image.  This worked for about 1 week in the studio and on the app when using an iphone.  However, now I can only see all my images in the studio, I can no longer can see them on the app with an iphone.  They were there and just disappeared after about a week.  Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is something with my One Drive for Business account.  I'm missing something stupid.  Public online image links work fine across all platforms.  I just don't get why it was working and suddenly stopped.  Even new test apps I generate and link OneDrive images in the excel table will not show those images on the iphone, but in the studio and studio preview... they work fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,255)