cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlHoffmaster
Advocate II
Advocate II

Images Saving to Tablet Storage

I have several apps where user take images using the PowerApps "Add Picture" control.  I upload the image directly to Blob Storage for use elsewhere.  One problem I noticed in the past several months with the Samsung Tablets (SM-T550 and SM-T580) is that the images are also saving to the image directory on the tablet.  Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?  After a few months, tablets are filling up thus causing issues with the tablet that force us to clear out the images.

This is the statement I am using to capture the images:

'AzureBlobStorage.CreateBlockBlob("images",Param("Location") & "_" & Param("JobNumber") & "_" &  ThisItem.PicName,ThisItem.TakenPic);

Clear(Captured);'

This did not always happen and I am trying to determine if this is related to the updated version of Android or the updated versions of PowerApps.  

Confluent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlHoffmaster
Advocate II
Advocate II

I found a solution to this issue.  There is a feature on Android called “Story Proposals” that will automatically save images taken in a special folder on your tablet.  

To prevent images being saved to the tablet when taken in PowerApps, simply disable the auto-creation of stories on the tablet.

To do this, perform the following:

• Click on Applications
  • Click on Gallery
  • Click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
  • Find the setting titled “Auto create stories”
  • Switch that setting off

After doing this, you may also want to go to your files and remove unwanted images.

Confluent

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KarlHoffmaster
Advocate II
Advocate II

I found a solution to this issue.  There is a feature on Android called “Story Proposals” that will automatically save images taken in a special folder on your tablet.  

To prevent images being saved to the tablet when taken in PowerApps, simply disable the auto-creation of stories on the tablet.

To do this, perform the following:

• Click on Applications
  • Click on Gallery
  • Click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
  • Find the setting titled “Auto create stories”
  • Switch that setting off

After doing this, you may also want to go to your files and remove unwanted images.

Confluent

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,397)