cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Images Saving to Tablet Storage

I have several apps where user take images using the PowerApps "Add Picture" control.  I upload the image directly to Blob Storage for use elsewhere.  One problem I noticed in the past several months with the Samsung Tablets (SM-T550 and SM-T580) is that the images are also saving to the image directory on the tablet.  Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?  After a few months, tablets are filling up thus causing issues with the tablet that force us to clear out the images.

This is the statement I am using to capture the images:

'AzureBlobStorage.CreateBlockBlob("images",Param("Location") & "_" & Param("JobNumber") & "_" &  ThisItem.PicName,ThisItem.TakenPic);

Clear(Captured);'

This did not always happen and I am trying to determine if this is related to the updated version of Android or the updated versions of PowerApps.  

Confluent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate II
Advocate II

I found a solution to this issue.  There is a feature on Android called “Story Proposals” that will automatically save images taken in a special folder on your tablet.  

To prevent images being saved to the tablet when taken in PowerApps, simply disable the auto-creation of stories on the tablet.

To do this, perform the following:

• Click on Applications
  • Click on Gallery
  • Click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
  • Find the setting titled “Auto create stories”
  • Switch that setting off

After doing this, you may also want to go to your files and remove unwanted images.

Confluent

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Advocate II
Advocate II

I found a solution to this issue.  There is a feature on Android called “Story Proposals” that will automatically save images taken in a special folder on your tablet.  

To prevent images being saved to the tablet when taken in PowerApps, simply disable the auto-creation of stories on the tablet.

To do this, perform the following:

• Click on Applications
  • Click on Gallery
  • Click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
  • Find the setting titled “Auto create stories”
  • Switch that setting off

After doing this, you may also want to go to your files and remove unwanted images.

Confluent

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,997)