cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colby
Advocate I
Advocate I

Images and OnSelect properties not working in Power App Studio (edit mode)

One of our clients has an environment with three different development copies of it. I had been working on my copy of the app last week and didn't experience any issues, however when I came to work on it this week I found out that the images and onselect properties were no longer working in edit mode. What I mean by broken is the images don't appear (see screenshots below for before and after of a sample screen) and the onselect actions don't work. What's odd is the properties still exist for each image, meaning I don't get any errors appearing for each object. The only fix I've found is to remove the property and re-add it. I also don't know what other properties might be affected. This particular app is quite large and has a lot of components to it so it really isn't feasible to be able to update each property for all three apps.

I have also tried to restore the apps to a previous date that I know worked and was unsuccessful to fix the issue. My only guess is that there is something wrong with the environment itself. My next test it to create a new canvas app in the environment to see if I can reproduce the issue. Waiting to hear back from the client to do this.

Has anyone else come across this issue and any thoughts on how to fix it?

play_mode.PNGedit_mode.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Colby ,

Have tried changing Power Apps authoring version in Power Apps studio?

154.png

Since there is a new version updated in recent days, this might be one possibility to be considered.

If the issue persist after changing authoring version, please consider raise a ticket on Power Apps support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

techdeveloper
Frequent Visitor

I face the same problem, last night my apps was working fine without error when I play it in preview mode from editor screen. Suddenly this morning, when I open my apps via editor screen a few error show up about date add function and when I try to play the apps via preview mode, I cannot click the button. After changing the authoring version to the previous version now it's fixed, but it's says it only for temporary. 

Hope this bugs fixed soon cause I'm in the middle of development of my clients apps and it's very annoying cause I have to resetting the authoring version every time I open my apps via editor mode.

Session ID: 05db1963-4117-4971-bb7f-60356c5f89c8
PowerApps 3.21023.26

Hi @techdeveloper ,

After some testing, I found something may be helpful:

If you are using Date Picker Control along with DateAdd/DateDiff kind functions, when default date of the control is empty/blank, then DatePicker.SelectedDate would return an Error type result which is not meet the syntax of those functions. To solve this problem, you can try to avoid using DateDiff / DateAdd functions and directly use mathematical operators to calculate the result.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

thank's for the reply,

this is my complete code

DateTimeValue(""&DateAdd( ThisItem.PAYMENTREQ_ON , TimeZoneOffset(Now()), Minutes)&"")

let me explain few things first

my apps is using SQL Server as the database and it connected via On Premise Data gateway. With SQL as database there is issue when I tried to save datetime from the apps, which is, it will always save as UTC in SQL Server and when my apps try to display the data again (for user editing purpose), it will show the wrong date.

Then I came across this article that suggest to use that code as workaround for my issue

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-time-zone-error/td-p/173976

it was working fine, my apps run without problem with that code.  Until this morning with that new version (3.21023.26), it's show as an error. It's working fine if I change to the previous version (3.21022.27).

Beside the new version also cause OnClick function not working, and it's also messed up my EditForm

Very helpful, thank you! This is a temporary fix but I think the current version needs to be rolled back overall and clearly this is affecting a lot of people.

Colby
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just an update on this. Microsoft pushed a patch to fix this in their latest version. So this should hopefully be resolved for everyone. Make sure you are on the latest version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,596)