cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Implicit security

I need an advice on how to handle user access in PowerApps. I have an app with data connections (MS-SQL) and this connections is based on my user as developer. I want this application (with the dataconnection) to be independent of a spesific user (e.g. me). My first thought was to create a generic user, but thats not reccomended by e.g. ISO27001.

I would appreciate any thought about ho to to solve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Implicit security

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi there, Interested to know how you crafted this in the end and how it is working for you?

I have a similar situation where I don't want the users to be actually users on the back end datasource which is Dynamics.

Regards,

K

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

What you need to do is to buy the per user 40$ as the developer and buy the per App 10$ for the users. Then follow the video I posted.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,902)