cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
espenjor
Advocate I
Advocate I

Implicit security

I need an advice on how to handle user access in PowerApps. I have an app with data connections (MS-SQL) and this connections is based on my user as developer. I want this application (with the dataconnection) to be independent of a spesific user (e.g. me). My first thought was to create a generic user, but thats not reccomended by e.g. ISO27001.

I would appreciate any thought about ho to to solve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

KH_2437
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, Interested to know how you crafted this in the end and how it is working for you?

I have a similar situation where I don't want the users to be actually users on the back end datasource which is Dynamics.

Regards,

K

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

What you need to do is to buy the per user 40$ as the developer and buy the per App 10$ for the users. Then follow the video I posted.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,346)