cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Implicit security

I need an advice on how to handle user access in PowerApps. I have an app with data connections (MS-SQL) and this connections is based on my user as developer. I want this application (with the dataconnection) to be independent of a spesific user (e.g. me). My first thought was to create a generic user, but thats not reccomended by e.g. ISO27001.

I would appreciate any thought about ho to to solve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Shane Young has some explanation on it
https://youtu.be/NqQGysNCac0

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi there, Interested to know how you crafted this in the end and how it is working for you?

I have a similar situation where I don't want the users to be actually users on the back end datasource which is Dynamics.

Regards,

K

Highlighted

What you need to do is to buy the per user 40$ as the developer and buy the per App 10$ for the users. Then follow the video I posted.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,209)