cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Import Canvas Application

Help!

I created a testing environment to implement a bunch of changes recently. After everything was tested and working, I exported the file and imported it/updated the app on the production environment. I tried to test it, and it keeps shooting me over to create.powerapps.com, where it gives me the error below. 

Error Message.jpg

The problem is, I cannot get to where it's asking me to go. make.powerapps.com keeps pushing me to create.powerapps.com every time I try to edit the application. I tried going to https://make.powerapps.com/studio/#, and it shows me the "There has been a disconnect" screen. I noticed the powerapps version changed to 3.20043.22 from version 3.20023.8 when I imported it. 

It works fine on my device right now, but I would like to be able to make quick edits without re-importing the entire package. Does anybody have a solution for this? At the moment, it seems editing in the Test Environment and importing to production is the only solution I can find.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Submitted a Microsoft Support Request. It looks like it was a problem with the platform itself and was elevated to the Power Apps backend developer team. They were able to resolve the issue fairly quickly (a few days). Hopefully, if anyone else is experiencing this issue, they should be able to go in and find it resolved now. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rob_LVT ,

It is not supported to edit an high-version app in the lower version of PowerAppp studio. The version difference is due to regions of two environments, my alternative workaround is to save the app to local PC and open it from PowerApps studio in production environment.

save app to local in Sandbox environmentsave app to local in Sandbox environmentopen it in production environmentopen it in production environment

Sik

@v-siky-msft ,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, Saving as a MSAPP file and loading into the production environment produced the same result. Any ideas on a possible way to fix this?

Hi @Rob_LVT ,

In you test environment, please try to change authoring version to 3.20023.8 In PowerApps studio to match your production environment version.

1. open the target app in test environment

2. change the authoring version in Account Info to 3.20023.8, click Reload + apply version button

3. after redirect to 'https://uk.create.powerapps.com/v3.20023.8.147468054/studio/#', republish the app

5. export and import the package to production environment again to see if your issue is fixed.

Snipaste_2020-05-19_10-59-10.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

@v-siky-msft ,

I was so hopeful this was the solution, but after changing versions, it won't allow me back in to edit the app. I get the same error message when trying to edit it.

Version4.jpg

I submitted a Microsoft Support Request, but we haven't found a solution yet.

Submitted a Microsoft Support Request. It looks like it was a problem with the platform itself and was elevated to the Power Apps backend developer team. They were able to resolve the issue fairly quickly (a few days). Hopefully, if anyone else is experiencing this issue, they should be able to go in and find it resolved now. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,309)