Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthiasG
Helper I
Helper I

Import/Export between different environments breaks dropdowns

Hi,

I am trying to move an existing canvas app from one environment to another (create as new). After the import has finished everything looks fine. When I open the published version everything works fine as well, but when I open the app in edit mode all existing drop downs are broken and won't open after clicking on them in preview mode. I also tried to republish the app and see if it only affects the preview mode, but it's even worse. After clicking on a dropdown in the published app it crashes and restarts. In my investigations I also used the monitoring tool but it shows nothing about the clicked dropdown. No error, no warning just nothing. 

After trying different things I found out that the problem only occurs if I import the app in a different environment than the original app was exported from.

The drop downs are just basic drop downs with some styling, string arrays as items and have a local variable defined for the reset property. The whole app is using the responsive features of PowerApps for sizing and positioning of all controls.

I just don't know what I could try except of recreating all drop downs which is no solution for the problem. Thanks in advance.

Edit: This is the error, that gets displayed in the browsers console:

pa-error.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,627)