cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import/ Export components missing in powerapps

I've been working on a powerapp using a trial account. When I checked on the components section there's no option to import component. I am only seeing an option to add New Component. There's also no option to import or export component in the 'custom' tab on the insert section on the top of the powerapps designer studio. I have highlighted the issue in the below images. Anyone else experienced this bug (I believe it is a bug). Is there a fix for this or anyone has experienced the same?. 

Screenshot 2021-07-09 182518.png

Screenshot 2021-07-09 182622.png

Thanks

Rajith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you turn on the 'Import and Export Components' option in the settings, the import/export menu items will appear.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/import-component-menu-gone/m-p/971110#M308676

timl_0-1625837161333.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you turn on the 'Import and Export Components' option in the settings, the import/export menu items will appear.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/import-component-menu-gone/m-p/971110#M308676

timl_0-1625837161333.png

View solution in original post

Wedlib
Advocate I
Advocate I

Why this feature is listed under the Retired section? 

And what is the alternative to loading a custom component zip file into an app?

Exactly what I am wondering since the replacement solution is supposed to be using a component library and a component library does not have an import function without this retired feature enabled. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,773)