cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camer314
Helper I
Helper I

Import PCF component 'Code' tab does not display if Custom Connector present

FYI I dont know if this is a known issue or even by design, but if you have a custom connector as part of your app and try and Import Component then the tabs that allow you to select 'Code' to import a code component do not appear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@camer314,

I think I got it this time.

Do you mean that if there is a custom connector within you app, you could not import components from Canvas or Code Components?

I have a test and I can import from Canvas or Code Components no matter whether I connect a custom connector to the App.

39.png

In my scenario, I could import with the Canvas and Code tab.

Please try a different browser and clean the cache.

If the above operation could not help solve the problem, please contact our support team to open a ticket.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@camer314,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to import code component?

Do you mean that the "Import" tab disappears when you want to import?

System Administrator privileges are required to enable the Power Apps component feature in the environment.

To add code components to an app, you need to enable the Power Apps component framework feature in each environment where you want to use them. To enable an environment to use code components inside its apps:

1.  Navigate to Power Platform Admin Center
  2.  Go to the Environments>Settings>Product, select Features, switch to ON.38.png
  3. Open the app where you want to add the code component and navigate to File>Settings and select Advanced settings.
  4. Turn the Components switch to On under the Experimental feature section.enable-components-for-pcf.png

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

No I mean that the CODE tab in the Studio does not appear if you have a Custom Connector as part of your application. If I want to import a code component from the Import Components page then you should see tabs for CANVAS and CODE however if you have a custom connector in you app then those tabs do not appear:

Capture.PNG

And without custom connector, same app, no changes to anything other than removing custom connector:

Capture.PNG

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@camer314,

I think I got it this time.

Do you mean that if there is a custom connector within you app, you could not import components from Canvas or Code Components?

I have a test and I can import from Canvas or Code Components no matter whether I connect a custom connector to the App.

39.png

In my scenario, I could import with the Canvas and Code tab.

Please try a different browser and clean the cache.

If the above operation could not help solve the problem, please contact our support team to open a ticket.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
camer314
Helper I
Helper I

I will point out that I have not tried the above suggested solution nor as yet contacted support however I am marking as accepted as clearly it does work as intended. Just not for me.

Fraggle
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, in existing and also in brand new app. Feature turned on in Admin / Environment, Code tab still missing. Any idea what to do ? Thanks. Alfred

So if you remove the custom connector then the Code tab appears again?

I worked with the Microsoft engineers directly on this, I gave them an app that replicated the issue for me but not for them. We determined (for me at least) it was because of the same corporate policy that blocks mixing custom connectors and dataverse connectors (data loss prevention). That was the conclusion we came to given it was the only variable but if you do not have that data loss prevention thing turned on then you must have some other issue.

Fraggle
Frequent Visitor

Hi ! Looks like some refresh issue, after some time suddenly the "Code" tab appeared. Thanks. Alfred

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,603)