cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Import data from a Combo Box and Data Picker created in a blank Canvas (with no Gallery) to Sharepoint List

Hello .

I am a beginner and have watched lots of Videos, however, I am not coming right.  I am trying to create a collection and Import data from a Combo Box and Data Picker created in a blank Canvas (with no Gallery) to SharePoint List.  The combo box selections are coming from a table in an Excel list.

When I create a collection it looks like the below image. I would like to see the name of the consultant which was selected as well as the month. 

Collection_Summary.png

I would like to add this record into a SharePoint List which I created using the exact same field headers with their setting all being  text fields as per the screenshot below.

SharePoint_List.png

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Casey-Lee,

Controls for Consultant and Date picker are multi-select or single value ?

If multi-select, then change your formula as below and it will save the values for Consultant and InvoiceMonth as semi-colon separated values.

Collect(Summary,{SalesConsultantName:Concat('Sales Consultant Name'.SelectedItems, [ColumnName] & ";"), CustomerName:'Customer Name'.Text, ExpectedInvoiceAmount: 'Expected Invoice Amount'.Text,CertaintyPercentage:'Certainty Result'.Text, InvoiceMonth:Concat('Month selection'.SelectedItems, [ColumnName] & ";"), NextLogicalStep:'Next Logical Step'.Text})

[ColumnName] - Represent the column from the combo box which is used to display column value.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Casey-Lee,

It will be more helpful if you can add the screenshots of form used to create collection. Meanwhile try below approach.

You have created 'InvoiceMonth' and 'SalesConsultant' as 'Single line of text' fields in SharePoint list whereas your collection holds the value for these fields as table.

While creating collection, you have to add the selected date and consultant from the dropdown like Month(DateControl.SelectedDate) for InvoiceMonth and ComboBox.Selected.Value for SalesConsultant.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Hi @DanishIslam 

Thank you for the below. 

This is my create collection : 

Collect(Summary,{SalesConsultantName:'Sales Consultant Name'.SelectedItems, CustomerName:'Customer Name'.Text, ExpectedInvoiceAmount: 'Expected Invoice Amount'.Text,CertaintyPercentage:'Certainty Result'.Text, InvoiceMonth:'Month selection'.SelectedItems, NextLogicalStep:'Next Logical Step'.Text})

2019-10-30 10_48_48-Spinnaker Software Annual Benefit Calculator - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

I would like to import the same data to my SharePoint list. 

Thank you 

Highlighted

Hi Casey-Lee,

Controls for Consultant and Date picker are multi-select or single value ?

If multi-select, then change your formula as below and it will save the values for Consultant and InvoiceMonth as semi-colon separated values.

Collect(Summary,{SalesConsultantName:Concat('Sales Consultant Name'.SelectedItems, [ColumnName] & ";"), CustomerName:'Customer Name'.Text, ExpectedInvoiceAmount: 'Expected Invoice Amount'.Text,CertaintyPercentage:'Certainty Result'.Text, InvoiceMonth:Concat('Month selection'.SelectedItems, [ColumnName] & ";"), NextLogicalStep:'Next Logical Step'.Text})

[ColumnName] - Represent the column from the combo box which is used to display column value.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That is brilliant and pulling through correctly to collections. 

2019-10-30 11_42_50-Spinnaker Software Annual Benefit Calculator - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

I clearly need to watch read up and watch some videos on Concat. 

1.  Is there a way which we can reorder the columns in the collection?
  2.  Are you able to assist me in importing and adding this new record to a SharePoint List Using the Patch Function and DefaultPatch. Would the below be correct? 

Patch ('Arch Pipeline', Defaults( 'Arch Pipeline' ), {Sales_Consultant_Name:Concat('Sales Consultant Name'.SelectedItems, 'Sales Consultants' & ";"), Customer_Name:'Customer Name'.Text, Expected_Invoice_Amount: 'Expected Invoice Amount'.Text,Certainty_Percentage:'Certainty Result'.Text, Invoice_Month:Concat('Month selection'.SelectedItems, Month), Next_Logical_Step:'Next Logical Step'.Text})

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,025)